Charley Harper Book of Postcards - Birds
Ever-popular artist Charley Harper held a special affinity for birds. Describing his method of depicting wildlife, which winnowed out all but the most important details, Harper once said, “When I look at a wildlife or nature subject, I don’t see the feathers in the wings; I just count the wings.” He asked viewers to “remember that I didn’t start out to paint a bird—the bird already existed. I started out to paint a picture of a bird, a picture which didn’t exist before I came along, a picture which gives me a chance to share with you my thoughts about the bird.” This book of postcards presents 30 of Harper’s beloved avian artworks.
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
We Also Recommend
Family Road Trip Games: A Pocket Book of Games, Puzzles, Activities and Trivia to Play on the Go